build a better content process
Content. It’s the number-one reason web projects get delayed: it's not done, or it’s not right, or it can’t get okayed by regulatory fast enough. Those delays can make your team lose time, money, and morale—and might even lead to a project failure.
You have the power to change things. In this workshop led by content strategist Sara Wachter-Boettcher and digital project manager Brett Harned, you’ll learn techniques for planning and managing content in your next website redesign, replatforming, or product launch.
Designed for both agencies and in-house, this hands-on workshop will help you gain the skills to:
Define your content needs and assess them against what you have
Collaborate with stakeholders and subject-matter experts
Build a realistic process for gathering, editing, reviewing, and approving content
Kickstart writing and editing with content creators
Align content progress with design-build stages
Maintain content momentum over the course of the project
Process and project planning
- Setting and documenting expectations for content on your projects
- Aligning content decisions and copywriting with the design process
- Mapping realistic deadlines, approval processes, and workflows to deliver the content when it’s needed
Skill-building and collaboration techniques
- Helping subject matter experts learn to produce web-ready content
- Wrangling diverse content contributors to deliver the right stuff at the right time
- Techniques for insuring your team and stakeholders are collaborating
Sara Wachter-Boettcher runs a content strategy consultancy based in Philadelphia, and speaks regularly at conferences like Confab, An Event Apart, Design & Content, Digital PM Summit, SXSW, UX Week, and many more.
Brett Harned is a digital project management consultant and coach based in Philadelphia. He founded the Digital PM Summit, the first conference of its kind for a growing community, and has presented workshops and keynotes at SXSW, Future of Web Design, DPM:UK, and more.
He is currently working on his first book, Project Management for Humans, to be published in 2017 by Rosenfeld Media. Brett also co-founded Pathfinder DPM, a training program for digital project managers. Find him on Twitter @brettharned.
We'll share the real-world tools, activities, and processes we've used in our own projects with clients like:
- The Associated Press
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Home Depot
- Trek Bicycle